Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Dark Knight truly Rises

Finally, the trailer for the movie The Dark Knight Rises is here.  Lets get straight into it



I still remember what made me go crazy about The Dark Knight.  It was Joker's laugh at the end of the trailer for TDK.  It was epic, just perfect!  This trailer for TDKR reminds of that feeling.

For me, the best part of this one is definitely the music.  The trailer starts with the soft and humble voice of a kid.  Then the music disappears into the background with a tinge of suspense in it.  In typical Hans Zimmer style, it keeps raising slowly, with the kid's voice still in the background.  Then, the chanting starts and it gets aggressive.  Finally, it comes alive at the 1 minute 45 second mark, by which time, I can't stop myself from jumping from my seat & shouting it out loud!  At the end, we hear the music from the climax of TDK which has probably become synonymous with the Batman logo.

The only thing that I'm not very comfortable with is the clarity of the voice.  Even though Joker's voice was weird, it was still crystal clear.  Oh well!  Considering that I'm going to see this movie repeatedly, I guess I needn't care.  I went to imdb to find out what was being said in the trailer and I happened to glance at the Trivia section where I saw this.

Eva GreenAngelina Jolie Blake LivelyRhona MitraCharlize TheronAbbie CornishVera FarmigaJessica BielNatalie PortmanGemma ArtertonKate MaraCharlotte RileyEmily Blunt and Keira Knightley all auditioned for the role of Selina Kyle. After the initial audition process, Biel and Mara all screen tested. Ultimately, Anne Hathaway won the role. 


That is a huge list of cast being auditioned for one role and not to mention that most of them are top actresses.  This shows us the level of sincerity with which the director is approaching the character instead of just casting some big name.  The same goes for most of the characters in the movie with names like Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet being considered.  Yes, I know, the film studio and the movie's casting directors were probably the main force behind this, but the fact that so many talented actors were auditioning for roles that weren't number one, simply adds credibility to the director's abilities.

I just can't wait to watch this movie in the theater!  I'll probably go to the theater every weekend simply to catch this trailer.. :P

2 comments:

  1. I'm also waiting to see the movie.. Don't ask me for permission.. Jus book it on the same show u r going to watch for 1st time..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to speak your mind..