Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Next Step!

I have been complaining for a while now that I'm getting no help from my friends and that its hard to stay motivated when I'm alone.  Well, there is no point in complaining and so I decided to take some action.  I went through some articles on staying motivated and I'm planning on trying them out.  First thing is to take at least one step a day towards my goal.  That basically means, I will some addition or change to my website every single day.  No point in working for 3 days together and then getting burnt out for a 2 weeks (which is exactly what I was doing earlier).

The next thing is to keep a record of the work that I complete.  I have always been keen on writing down my thoughts, actions and accomplishments.  Every time I watch a movie, I rate it in imdb.com  Every hour I play a game, I keep track of it through xfire.  I have decided to do the same with my site.  I'm going to post every day about the change that I make to the site.  That might not interest you, yes, but it might motivate me and that is all I need.  If you feel like helping me out, then do try out the change that I post every day and give me a feedback right here.  Just post whether you like the change, or whether you have any other better idea etc.  Any comment is welcomed.

I'll start it off with the change I made today.  Incidentally, I made a major change to the site today but none would even notice it.  I upgraded the site's back-end from PHP4 to PHP5.  I tested the site a little after the change but it was far from a thorough test.  I solved the issues that I came across but there might be more.  I also made some changes to the way comments are added to the news section.  It is much more user friendly now and has better error handling.  If you wanna see the difference, compare it with the comments in the replay section.

That is it for now..  Gonna sleep early so that I can wake up and book the tickets to 'Inception' if the tickets get released..  Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak your mind..