Friday, July 31, 2009

Life in Hyderabad

I'm writing this post from a train, meaning that I don't have anything in particular to say. Its an hour long journey & I need something to do & so, here we are. I'm returning from a visit to my colleague's new house which is in the outskirts of Hyderabad. Even my office is located in the outskirts but at the opposite end of Hyderabad. To further delay this already long journey, the trains over here seem to get caught in traffic a lot though they aren't that frequent. Its anyway better than the chaotic traffic on the roads here. Chennai's roads may be more congested & Mumbai's roads may be more jammed but I have never seen such anarchy on the roads anywhere.


Having said that, I would like to confess that I would love to travel in this city. Anarchy in driving is something that a guy like me would enjoy unless I was in a hurry. But that is not why I love riding in this city. The magic word is climate. People here may not realize but they have an awesome climate throughout the day. Coming from Chennai, I know how it sweats while on a public transport; I know how hot it is while sitting on a bike at a signal. Over here though, the sun is hidden for the most part of the day; there is no sweat; there is but frequent drizzle. It doesn't exactly feel like a hill-station but it reminds you of the ones you have been to. A climate like this can actually change a person. It might not change you spiritually but it will change the way you look at things. Like what you ask? Well, unlike ever before in my life, I fancy a daily walk over here. On that bomb-shell, I sign off coz my station is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to speak your mind..